Monday, January 28, 2013

Soul Mate

A true soul mate is probably the most important person you'll ever meet, because they tear down your walls and smack you awake. But to live with a soul mate forever? Nah. Too painful. Soul mates, they come into your life just to reveal another layer of yourself to you, and then leave. A soul mate's purpose is to shake you up, tear apart your ego a little bit, show you your obstacles and addictions, break your heart open so new light can get in, and make you so desperate and out of control that you have to transform your life. --Elizabeth Gilbert



How many soul mates have you had?
Do you believe in soul mates?
Do you think soul mate always means romantic type love?

This is the part where you respond. =)

8 comments:

  1. Meh, I don't believe in soul mates. Of the 6 billion other people on the planet, statistically speaking, some of them would be equally nice. Your chances of finding someone who you can really relate to/love/goes well with you are pretty high. Maybe our view of love is skewed--maybe, instead of searching for the ONE TRUE LOVE, we realize that you're not going to find everything you're looking for in one person and that it's the work that gets put into a relationship that counts, not that you're fated to be together. /endrant

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok, well I was gonna tell you I think you're mine, but now.... ;)

      Delete
    2. Yeah, you wouldn't want to be my soulmate anyway. I'm pretty sour. ;)

      Delete
  2. I believe you have multiple soulmates for different purposes. My best friend and life mate is a gay man, and we're convinced that we're soulmates ... just not of the romatic variety. I don't necessarily know that souls are destined to only be connected to one other soul.

    But I'm wrong a lot :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I totally agree! I think soul mates come in all different forms and definitely in more than one person. As if each one serves a different purpose.

      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  3. If "one true soul mate" existed, we wouldn't have the multiple varieties of people most of us have in our lives. If we only need that ONE person, then why do we value family and friends so much, and not just our significant other?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely believe in soul mates. I believe in them with every fiber of my being :)

    ReplyDelete

Go on, I know you wanna say something! All the cool kids are doing it.