Thursday, March 14, 2013

"Live in the moment!" they say

I get these urges. Impulses. Some may call it spontaneity. I have another term:

Word vomit.

It basically comes down to being extremely impatient and convincing oneself that if you don’t do it or say it, then you’ll never know what could’ve happened. Or something like that. I don’t think about the after effect. Or I do and I just don’t care, I’d rather have it out of me instead of festering and growing bigger and bigger inside.

“They” say to live in the present and say it before the moment is gone and to regret things you did instead of what you didn’t do. Somebody needs to tell “them,” those fancy-free-living advice givers, to attach a disclaimer, or at least tell us which situations warrant following your impulses and in which ones to hold your tongue and write about it in your diary instead.

Not that I would know anything about being impulsive or word vomity. This is an entirely hypothetical situation. You know………for a friend.

3 comments:

Go on, I know you wanna say something! All the cool kids are doing it.